This is my A2 Media Blog where I had to create a trailer for a movie genre of my choice, I chose Thriller. This blog shows all my research and planning whilst creating my trailer and all the changes I made throughout until I finally created the final piece - Silent Students.

Friday, 11 July 2014

Choosing my Genre


This graph shows the top-grossing genres over the past 15 years. This guide will help me to understand what are peoples preferences when it comes to deciding on my genre and I have decided I will try to use one of the top 5 genres. I had to take into consideration when choosing my genre my location and budget, therefore I found particularly with adventure and action I would not be able to provide the correct location and it would require a bigger budget. I also took into account when choosing my genre on my own personal preference, as I would be more enthusiastic researching and planning into a genre I have an interest in and would hopefully be able to create a successful trailer at the end of it, because of this I have decided to out-rule Drama. This has left me with Comedy and Thriller, both that are genres I enjoy. My location and budget would be able to support and make either genre into a successful trailer, despite Comedy being the overall top genre, I have decided to do a thriller trailer. I decided to do this as I felt it was more exciting and I could create a better storyline, I also believe with the location being a school this can be mysterious and school locations have been used in thriller movies before which proves to me this can be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment