This is my A2 Media Blog where I had to create a trailer for a movie genre of my choice, I chose Thriller. This blog shows all my research and planning whilst creating my trailer and all the changes I made throughout until I finally created the final piece - Silent Students.

Monday, 2 February 2015

Ideas for Thriller poster advertisement

Below are the ideas I had regarding my thriller poster as part of my promotion package.



For my Thriller trailer poster I have decided to link the name in with the poster. As it is called 'Silent Students' I liked the idea of placing a zip across a students mouth to show the cannot speak. I decided to collect and experiment with different sizes and colours of zips and cut some into appropriate shapes. Below are all the zips I tested to find which was best for my front cover. I came to the decision that I wanted to use the first zip shown as I felt it was the most effective as it look the most realistic.

This zip I decided against due to how thin it was towards the ends. You are able to see my actors lips which I feel takes away the purpose of the zips use.

I decided to use this zip for my poster as it offers the most coverage, I also like the colours of the silver and black together as you can clearly see the zip against a dark background.

I decided not to use this zip because of the thinness and also colouring. Despite being able to see the lips i also felt the colour yellow did not fit in with the thriller genre.

Although this zip is the right colour, I decided against it due to not clearly being able to see the zip itself therefore it could be misunderstood as to what it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment