This is my A2 Media Blog where I had to create a trailer for a movie genre of my choice, I chose Thriller. This blog shows all my research and planning whilst creating my trailer and all the changes I made throughout until I finally created the final piece - Silent Students.

Sunday, 22 February 2015

Thriller poster inspirations

After researching the different popular Thriller posters I noticed almost all of them included a close up of a characters face and that was all. There were no other characters included on the posters other than the main character, they are very simple however the simplicity of them gives them a much more eerie feel and does not give a lot away. The one that inspired me the most and has used a similar idea to what I intend to do for my poster is 'Gamer'. The characters face has editing and it realtes to the moral of the films story, with the actors face looking like some kind of puzzle or internet game with the quote 'Who's playing you' and showing another younger actor inside the main actor. I felt this was the most appropriate poster to take inspiration from as I intend to use a zip on my actors mouth to indicate he cannot speak which like 'Gamer' links with the title of my film; 'Silent Students'. As well as this, 'Gamer' has given me the idea to use a short quote relating to silence on the poster.







No comments:

Post a Comment