This is my A2 Media Blog where I had to create a trailer for a movie genre of my choice, I chose Thriller. This blog shows all my research and planning whilst creating my trailer and all the changes I made throughout until I finally created the final piece - Silent Students.

Thursday, 7 May 2015

Poster Photoshoot

Once I had finished that making and applying the zip I had to find a dark area where I would be able to take my picture as I wanted the main focus to just be my actors face. The schools drama studio was the perfect place as it also provided spotlights which enabled me to light up on my actors face and not his surroundings. These are a couple of the first few pictures I got.



From these two shots I decided I liked the second one more as it was more close up, focusing of the face. However from these shots I did not like that you could see my actors clothing and I also found that the lighting was too bright as you could still see some of the background surroundings.



I decided for my actor to wear a black cloak so that all focus was on his face and the rest blended in with the background, after dimming the lights more I found these two pictures were a lot more eerie and mysterious which was the look I was intending for.


These were the spotlights used that enabled me to light up the appropriate areas in able to benefit my poster and ideas the most.

I feel that having done a lot of research into the type of shot's I needed and by having the correct mise-en-scene to bring the shots to life I was able to produce a realistic and professional feel. The photoshoot has given me some great material to work with going forward in my production and will help to produce a very professional and industry standard poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment